Sunday 19 July 2015

God Promise us Abundant Life

In all that he does, he prospers.

On My Knees | Kindling

Ephesians 3:20-21 ESV / 18 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. Abundant life is a term used to refer to Christian teachings on fullness of life. When Jesus spoke of life to the fullest, He didn’t mean we had to fill our plate beyond capacity, and it certainly didn’t mean He would indiscriminately approve the to-do list we hand Him. Abundant life teachings may include expectations of prosperity and health, but may also include other forms of fullness of life when faced with adverse circumstances.

Listen to Sermons

Abundant life teaches prosperity and health for the total human being, including the body, mind, emotions, relationships, material needs, and eternal life. I now thank You for filling me with the Holy Spirit and directing my life.”

We are a mixed bag of motives, even when we’re “serving Jesus.” Frenetic business for God is often driven by guilt, a longing for significance, or the need to be needed. I now invite Christ to again take His place on the throne of my life. In order for these teachings to have an impact on a person's fullness of life, it is essential for that person to align their goals with God's goals.

God/Jesus on Pinterest | Pastor, Church and Lion Of Judah

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. They enjoy learning, worshiping and growing spiritually together, but the best part of the Christian life—introducing others to Jesus—is neglected, often entirely.

Then we “will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching …. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. Fill me with the Holy Spirit as You commanded me to be filled, and as You promised in Your Word that You would do if I asked in faith. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I thank You that You have forgiven my sins through Christ’s death on the cross for me. Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in His divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires" (NIV).

Would you go to a banquet, dig in to the appetizers and the main course and then forego the decadent dessert? That’s what many Christians do when it comes to sharing their faith. Other elements are faith, prayer, evangelism, and concern for human worth in the areas of spiritual oppression, poverty, disease, hunger, injustice, and ignorance. I pray this in the name of Jesus. The Bible, the good news (Christianity), and salvation are essential elements of those teachings. I acknowledge that I have sinned against You by directing my own life. Amen.

Read 2 Peter 1:3-4, "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. It is not an organized movement or a unique doctrine, but a name applied to the teachings and expectations of the groups and people who follow the teachings. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.” (Ephesians 4:14-15)

“Dear Father, I need You. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment